It all started in the early morning of June 25, 1947, when pilot Kenneth Arnold reported to the central base to detect a strange object over Mt Rainier, Washington. From that moment on, the age of UFOs was officially born.

(photo: karenlyster)

Information leaked through the wire was caught by the press, and so that summer, not only Roswell but also the whole of America was aflame with stories of flying saucer collisions. The most scandalous of these was the “encounter” at Foster ranch outside Corona, New Mexico.
In early July 1947, after reading articles about Arnold, rancher Mac Brazel immediately approached the Chaves County Sheriff to “show off” the strange piece of metal he had found on his property – which he said determined to be a large piece of flying sauce.

This information was immediately reported by Sheriff George Wilcox to the Roswell Air Force (Roswell AAF).

Without delay, intelligence major Jessie Marcel took on the responsibility of meticulously investigating the inside of the case. Debris was recovered by the military police at Wilcox’s home, brought to 8th Air Force Base in Fort Worth, Texas, and then “flyed” to Washington DC

At 4 p.m. that same day, July 7, 1947, Lydia Sleppy – an employee of Roswell’s KSWS radio station – used a telegraph to transmit the message “Flying saucer fell at Foster Farm” to the switchboard, however, the transmission line This was interrupted for no reason, there must be an intervention by the FBI.

On the morning of July 8, Colonel Blanchard of the Roswell AAF ordered Lieutenant Walter Haut to issue a press release announcing that the Army had captured the remains of the flying saucer. Immediately after, a series of newspapers across the country retrieved this information. The American people were shocked with information “from a source that could not be less reliable”.

“Fragments” of flying saucers (Image: magma)

That same afternoon, Commander-in-Chief Clemence McMullen in Washington held an emergency telephone conversation with Colonel Thomas DuBose, commander of Fort Worth Air Force Base, and ordered to quickly quell the buzz about the flying saucer. and immediately send the “strange fragment” to Washington for verification.

So late on the afternoon of July 8, 1947, at an urgent press conference at the 8th Air Force Headquarters in Fort Worth, General Roger Ramey himself announced: the UFO crash at Foster Ranch was only a matter of time. is an unfortunate mistake; The flying saucer debris was nothing more than a radar weather balloon made of aluminum and balsa wood. To make the cover up more convincing, he presented a piece of broken pieces and confirmed it was the object collected at the scene.

AAF press release in the Roswell Daily Record, July 8, 1947 (Image: rense)

The Chicago Daily News, the Los Angeles Herald Express, the San Francisco Examiner and the Roswell Daily Record were the only major newspapers that had the opportunity to publish the “false” version of the AAF statement because it was an evening publication. Other reputable newspapers such as the New York Times, Washington Post or Chicago Tribune were released early the next morning and had to shamefully post the story that had been carefully covered.

Confusingly, no one has been able to find the original copy of that infamous 1947 press release to this day. Fortunately, the AAF’s “correction” of mistakes quickly “cooled down” the people. By the end of the week, the news “Roswell flying saucer” was almost no longer at the top of the page, and by the end of the year it was “hidden” as if it had never been mentioned.

As for farmer Mac Brazel, he was then placed under house arrest in the Military Base for a week, after which he returned home under the close supervision of security personnel. From then on, Brazel never told the story of “flying saucers appearing on the farm”, even saying it was a scandalous mistake.

Some pictures of “Roswell aliens”


(Photo: ufocasebook)

Leave a Reply