USAF Report: Submarine-Shaped UFO Spotted In Oklahoma In 1966, Alien Being Entered It

The United States Air Force-approved Project Blue Book examined thousands of UFO sightings in the 1950s and 1960s. Some of them had explanations, while others remained unsolved. An unusual occurrence occurred near Temple, Oklahoma, three years before the project was canceled. On March 23, 1966, a witness to this case had a unique experience with a submarine-shaped object parked alongside his automobile on a highway.

The case was labeled “Temple, Oklahoma” in Project Blue Book. According to the information submitted to Project Blue Book, the observer, whose name was changed by the USAF, drove over a tiny hill, and his car’s headlights lit an item in a field along the road. There was a flash of light above the automobile as he neared it, and his headlights went off.

The witness, a hundred feet beyond the submarine-shaped vehicle, came to a halt. He assessed the UFO to be the length of two or three automobiles and eight feet tall, with a conning tower located at the object’s midpoint. A white flag flew from its top, and a humanoid person stood by it.

The witness re-entered his vehicle and began driving again. His headlights illuminated the thing once more as he went away. He didn’t see the vessel leave, nor did he see any additional consequences of his proximity.

“At around 0505 [a.m.] on March 23, 1966, observer [W. E. Eddie Laxson] was driving his automobile along the highway when he spotted an item parked in front of him.” He came to a complete halt and exited the vehicle to better look at the thing. The car was parked so close to the road bend sign that it obscured part of it. The observer couldn’t find any sharp edges. The device resembled a regular airplane (C-124). A Plexiglas bubble was placed on top, identical to that seen on a B-26 canopy. As the viewer got closer, he witnessed a man with a baseball cap enter the item via the lower steps. Following the man’s entry, the thing began to rise off the pavement and go southeast at around 720 mph. The item has extremely brilliant front and aft lights. A high-speed drill sound was heard as the item ascended from the earth and a sound similar to that of a welding rod striking an arc. The thing was 75′ long, approximately 8′ broad, and about 12′ wide from top to bottom. “At the bottom of the thing, there were supports.”

“After the thing vanished, the witness re-entered his automobile and went about fifteen miles down the highway.” At this point, the initial witness came to a halt and spoke with another person who had also pulled over to the side of the road to view some lights above Red River, which was about five or six miles to the southeast.”

“Various groups in the Temple [Oklahoma] region were approached about a possible experimental or conventional aircraft. According to the witness, the item seemed to be an Army or Air Force research aircraft. There were no planes in the region at the time of the sighting. Thus all attempts at an explanation were futile. Despite multiple helicopters and other experimental aircraft in the region, none could be deployed in the Temple area at around 0500 on March 23, 1966. The Air Force has classified the case as unidentified due to this circumstance.”

When a witness, or witnesses, claim to have seen any form of person or creature linked with the craft, Project Blue Book concludes that the source is untrustworthy, which is usually always the case. The discovery of an animal was enough for project officers to determine that no further study was necessary.

There is one aspect of the sighting that is startling. It was described as a “military and civilian” sighting on the “Project Record Card” in the Blue Book file. The identity of the military source may be found in the Air Intelligence Information Report, which was obtained on November 4, 1957. T/SGT Alfred A. Calvin, assigned to the 386th Fighter-Bomber Squadron at Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis, New Mexico, was the military witness, according to the document.

The second source’s identity has been withheld from the form, and all we know about him is that he was a citizen, 41 years old, in 1957. The civilian was a Civil Service employee at Vance Air Force Base in Oklahoma from Enid, Oklahoma. There is no evidence in the file that any Air Force investigator interviewed the civilian source. Given that the witnesses’ responsibilities were independent of one another, the civilian interview should have been undertaken. It may have revealed some crucial facts and significantly increased T/SGT Calvin’s reputation.

W. Anderson was the second witness who was not interviewed by the Air Force and who, according to the Blue Book archives, did not complete their report form. Anderson verified to the newspaper that he had witnessed the craft. “I know that some would think Laxson is insane,” he told the reporter. “However, that’s what I observed.”

Anderson speculated that the object was following him down the road. For several miles, he had seen it in his rearview mirror. Anderson could not know the pilot or crewman, which was an issue for the Air Force.

Laxson’s drawing of the item was very similar to Lonnie Zamora’s drawing of the UFO he observed near Socorro, New Mexico, in 1964, which meant it was egg-shaped. It was unquestionably longer and lying on its side. Laxson, like Zamora, claimed to have seen markings on the object, but unlike Zamora, he was able to recognize them. “On the side, I made out… ‘TLA’ with the last two numerals ’38,’” he told the paper.

“In what may be termed a fit of honesty, the Air Force stated they had no explanation for the case,” says American UFOlogist Kevin Randle. The “alien” was described as more humanoid than humanoid, and he appeared to be clothed normally, right down to the “mechanics” hat. During the investigation, a second witness was discovered, which may have affected the Air Force, especially because the guys had never met before the incident. Finally, they declared the case “Unidentified.”

Leave a Reply